Saturday, June 19, 2010

Most people think that the studio is where art happens and it's probably true for most artists but not for me. When I photograph, I go out in the world, I only draw when I travel, sculptures and clay works are made in a workshop 60 miles away from home, so what should I need a studio for ? Well there is a very good reason. The working place creates the function, the function determines the man. When I step into my studio, I step in as an artist, even though I might not do any work at that moment. When I step out, I step out into the world again as an artist. The studio is where I focus on my projects with the appropriate attitude towards the world out there and once the work is done, it goes back to the studio where, in my mind, it was originally conceived and where it will be stored with the rest, face against the wall leaving the place bare like a slate and ready for something new.

6 comments:

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

This is a wonderful posting about the creative process. Thank you for sharing it. Barbara

Valéry Lorenzo said...

Belle façon de voir les choses !
See you letter...à la poste !

Victoria Thorne said...

alchemy!

complete magic

wonderful...beyond wonderful...

the.neo.lifestyle said...

tres joli :-)

David

chung-chiao tai 戴中巧 said...

Beaucoup des ambiences,tres inspirant!!!

sammy and glenn: pachadesign said...

beautiful description and beautiful images too.